NO Metlink train services running Friday 1 December
Due to strike action on Friday 1 Decemberwill be running
Unfortunately the Rail Maritime Transport Union are on strike for the whole day on Friday 1 December, so there are no staff to run trains.
There will be no train services. In the meantime, please make alternative travel arrangements.
- Train commuters should make alternative transport arrangements or consider not travelling at all.
- Motorists and bus users should expect delays caused by heavy traffic, and should also consider making alternative arrangements, including travelling earlier or later or not at all.
- Parents and caregivers should re-evaluate their plans if their children cannot get to school during strike action.
- Students sitting exams need to factor train cancellations and road congestion into their travel plans - as should people travelling to Wellington Hospital or Wellington airport.
On a regular weekday in Wellington over 30,000+ passenger journeys are by train. With short notice we are not able to source enough buses to transport this number of passengers.
For alternative travel information please see below;
Bus timetables - https://www.metlink.org.nz/#timetables
Walking & Biking - https://www.metlink.org.nz/getting-around/using-a-cycle-on-pt/cycling-and-walking-journey-planner/
Car-Pool - https://www.metlink.org.nz/getting-around/lets-carpool/
Wellington Railway Station
There will be no access to platforms from the Wellington station concourse or the stadium ramps. Platform 9 and the adjacent Ferry and Long distance bus stop will also still be open for access. All businesses within the Wellington railway station will be unaffected and there will still be access to the bus terminal from the station.
All outer station ticket offices will be closed.
Thank you for your understanding during the Rail and Maritime Transport Union (RMTU) strike action. We apologise if your travel plans have been affected and assure you that we are committed to our discussions with the RMTU to prevent future strike action, and minimise any disruption to passengers.
Regular services will resume from 5am Saturday 2 December
For updates and more information:
- Check www.metlink.org.nz(external link)
- Follow @metlinkwgtn on Twitter
- Call Metlink on 0800 801 700
Check www.transdevwellington.co.nz for information on industrial action.
Get in touch
- 0800 496 734